Bears & Cubs Program
The Bears & Cubs Program is a partnership between Rocky Mountain College and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Yellowstone County. This program will match college students, staff and faculty at RMC with students at Highland Elementary. Bears meet with their Cub at the school for at least an hour every week. Bears are there to be a friend and mentor to their Cub. Cubs are referred to the program by teachers and staff as students who may need additional help, guidance and support. The match may spend time doing homework, reading, playing at recess or eating lunch together. This is a great opportunity for students at Rocky to get involved with the community, have fun and make a BIG difference in a child’s life!
How will I be making a difference?
By becoming a Bear you will form a friendship with a child and provide them with a positive role model. Children often improve in the areas of self confidence, school performance, family relations, peer relations, ability to express feelings, ability to make decisions, respect for other cultures, ability to avoid delinquency and sense of the future.
Requirements to become a Bear:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Provide your own transportation
- Pass a background check (provided at no cost to the student)
- Provide at least 2 references
- Commit to at least an hour per week for two semesters
- Complete an in-depth interview
- Keep in regular contact with Match Support Specialist
Become a Bear TODAY! Contact us at #248-2229!